For sale via Galbraith, Nether Barr Farm is located on the outskirts of Barr, near Girvan in South Ayrshire, and includes fishing rights on the River Stinchar.
It is available for purchase as a whole or in two sets.
The current owners have operated Nether Barr for several decades and current farming operations are centered around the operation of 90 beef cows and 400 breeding ewes.
The land is of a Level 4 productive nature, as classified by the James Hutton Institute, providing pasture and silage for the business. In previous years barley was also grown on the land.
Nether Barr further benefits from a range of agricultural buildings suitable for the housing and storage of livestock.
The farmhouse has a large two storey traditional painted stone farmhouse with gardens and a greenhouse.
On the roof of the general purpose shed there are 17 solar panels which provide income and savings to the farm.
It is available as a whole or in two sets as follows:
Lot 1 – Farmhouse and buildings on approximately 61.43 acres
Nether Barr Farmhouse is of traditional stone and slate construction with a later brick extension and offers spacious accommodation over two floors.
This includes four bedrooms, four common rooms, a kitchen and a family bathroom with considerable room for modernization. There is central heating throughout the farmhouse with the added benefit of double glazing.
Adjoining the farmhouse, a group of traditional stone buildings under a slate roof forming stables and sheds.
* Stable – approximately 25m x 18.5m – of steel frame construction, ventair coating, fiber cement and sheet metal roof with concrete floor. Houses 28 stalls with a feed gate.
* Calf shed – approximately 16m x 9.8m – of steel frame construction, box cladding, concrete block walls under fiber cement roof. Divided with interior walls in blocks.
* Byre – approximately 19.8m x 6.6m – of stone and slate construction.
* Open courtyard – approximately 14.5m x 8.9m – in block wall construction, concrete floor under a box roof. Divided into an upper section and a lower section.
* Young animal shed – approx 24.6m x 13.4m – steel frame frame, sheet metal cladding, block walls under asbestos cement and sheet metal roof. Two steel portico lean-tos with wooden posts.
* General purpose – approximately 26.6m x 15.5m – of steel frame construction, block walls, coffered cladding, fiber cement roof and concrete/earth floor.
* Straw and hay shed – approx 9.2m x 8.8m – steel frame, block walls, sheet metal cladding with sheet metal roof.
* Poly tunnel – approx 21.4m x 7.5m – polythene cover.
* Silage pit – approximately 30m x 12m – concrete walls and sleepers.
The Lot 2 land is approximately 225.65 acres and is located to the east of the farm and can be accessed directly from Glenginnet Road.
The land is classified by the James Hutton Institute as a mixed grade 4(1) and 4(2) and is currently used for cattle grazing and silage.
Field 21 (approximately 58.51 acres) was planted in 2015 with primarily a Sitka spruce crop, with smaller areas of Norway spruce and native hardwoods.
You can find further information regarding the sale of Nether Barr here. Alternatively, you can contact Galbraith in Ayr on tel. 01292 268181 or by e-mail at [email protected]